Three Month Warranty LIMITED STANDARD and/or CLUTCHES and/or OTHER WORK.
Install Coastal Transmission with confidence. Coastal Transmission is the Warrantor. The work performed on your work order work described on your work order and not including any other materials or labor or any other components or parts of the vehicle, is warranted to the buyer against failure by defects in workmanship and material for three months by the warrantor. If later repairs on parts or labor purchased is necessary within the time and distance specified and the terms of the warranty, then it will be provide without charge to the buyer of this warranty at the warrantor's shop. (WARRANTY WORK CAN ONLY BEGIN AFTER VEHICLE, THIS WARRANTY, AND THE ORIGINAL REPAIR ORDER ARE PRESENTED TO THE WARRANTOR.) Warrantor reserves the unqualified right to refund the full amount originally charged in lieu of all claims otherwise due a claimant under the terms of this warranty
CUSTOMER NOTICE: To keep this warranty in force, the operation of this transmission must be checked within (fifteen) 15 days after the installation at the warrantor's shop ( or by the warrantor ) and the vehicles odometer must be functioning properly. Customers signature acknowledges the receipt of vehicle in good order.
All implied warranties including the implied warranty of merchant ability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited ti the terms of this written warranty. Consequential and incidental damages are not covered by this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on length of an implied warranty, or the exclusions or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, the above exclusion or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which can vary from state to state.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LIMITED WARRANTY:
The following are the terms and conditions of the limited Warranty for corrective services performed on standard transmissions and/or clutches and other work than automatic transmissions.
(1) This warranty covers parts, labor and the cost of replacing transmission fluid only. The warranty is only extended to the customer named on the warranty. It does NOT cover such things as towing, loss of use, loss of earnings, personal injury damages, per diem expenses, auto rental, nor any other consequential or incidental damages. Warrantors obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing or repairing defective parts and correcting defectively furnished labor necessary to accomplish this repair or replacement.
(2) Transmission or clutch failure can sometimes occur, foe reasons unrelated to the work performed by the Warrantor. For example, parts related to, but not part of the transmission, can fail after the transmission work has been completed, and may adversely affect the transmission, converter or seals. The Warrantor cannot predict these events and therefore is not responsible for them. Examples of such parts include, but are not necessarily limited to levers, controls, linkage, rubber mounts, external oil lines, sensors, external linkage and flywheels, electrical components, computers, computers controls, cooling systems, universal and CV joints.
(3) This limited Warranty does not cover, and the Center shall not have any liability or responsibility for any expense incurred by the customer for inspection, repairs or for any other purpose at any location than a Coastal Transmission shop or at an independent local repair facility to which Coastal Transmission directed the Customer, as provide for by its limited Warranty.
(4) This limited warranty is valid provided the vehicle listed on the warranty certificate is used solely for private passenger use and shall be void in the event the vehicle is used for any commercial, towing, or racing use or if the vehicle is modified beyond manufacturers standard specifications.
(5) This limited Warranty is made only to the Customer named on the Warranty certificate and is nontransferable.
(6) This limited Warranty does not cover any damage directly or indirectly caused by a collision, misuse, abuse or neglect of the vehicle or transmission, any defect in or failures of the engine or transmission cooling system, the flywheel / flex plate, or any other components of the vehicle not replaced by Coastal Transmission and listed on the Warranty certificate and the repair order, or the failure by the customer to maintain the proper fluid levels in the engine or transmission.
(7) In the event of clutch failure, the Warrantor reserves the right to send the clutch of the manufacturer for analysis of the cause of failure. The Customer will be provided with a copy of the manufacturer report. This warranty specifically excludes any clutch assembly contaminated with lubricants.
PROPER MAINTENANCE - INSTRUCTIONS TO CUSTOMER.
(1) Have the transmission / clutch assembly checked within thirty (30) days from date of delivery, by the Center that performed the work for oil levels, leaks, and clutch adjustments. The warrantor center will do this for you without charge.
(2) Maintaining the proper fluid level is solely the responsibility of the customer. Failure to maintain the proper fluid level may result in the voiding of this warranty.
(3) Retain your service receipts and invoices as proof of proper maintenance.
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE -- INSTRUCTIONS
Always take the vehicle back to the original warrantor whenever possible. This must be done at your own expense; the warrantor shop is not responsible for towing, shipping or any other expense that might be incurred in transporting the vehicle to the warrantors shop
The warranty terms herein apply to both written and implied warranties.